Muktware: Red Hat Clarifies Doubt Over UEFI Secure Boot Solution

Jan Wildeboer jwildebo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 11:50:45 UTC 2012

On 06.06.2012 13:41, Álvaro Castillo wrote:

> Yes, as others, but, If RedHat, take a position that Fedora will be
> add these signs for F18, will leave the project partners, like me,
> like Kevin Kofler and others.

As project partners none of this should come as a surprise. Matt Garrett
openly discussed this problem for months. Red Hat used all of its media
outlets to make this topic known and promote solutions that actually work.

If you now come back and say "Hey, I didn't know, I don't like. I leave"
instead of helping to find a better solution, then so be it. But IMHO it
is the wrong way.

As I said from the start - this is NOT a good solution. We ALL know
that. And many people have discussed, asked, tried, failed, tried again
to find better solutions. All in the open. Fully transparent. That
should deserve some credit.

Jan

--
Jan H Wildeboer                |
EMEA Open Source Affairs       | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH,
Technopark II, Haus C, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15
85630 Grasbrunn, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Mark Hegarty, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera