[In the News] Fedora 17 & GNOME 3.4: Return to a useful Linux desktop (Review)

Jason Brooks jasonbrooks at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 19 17:58:50 UTC 2012

In a brief ZDNet review, Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols offers faint praise
for Fedora 17:

"GNOME 3.2, which was Fedora 16’s desktop, was dreadful. You don’t
have to trust me on that though, just ask Linus Torvalds, Linux’s
founder. He hated GNOME 3.2.

"That was then. This is now. Fedora 17, with the ungainly name Beefy
Miracle-no I’m not making that up, that really is its name-is now in
late beta and it’s much better than it was."

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/fedora-17-gnome-34-return-to-a-useful-linux-desktop-review/10975