The Inquirier on F17

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:36:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/29/2012 03:15 PM, Karin Bakis wrote:
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2180673/red-hat-releases-fedora
>
> "Red Hat has released its Fedora 17!"
>
> Is it Red Hat that sends announcements and claims to be releasing Fedora or
> is the inquirer getting it wrong?
>
> Last time I checked we are a community distribution and thus the community
> releases Fedora not Red Hat.

http://www.redhat.com/about/news/press-archive/2012/5/fedora17-provides-potent-virtualization-cloud-features-and-enhanced-desktop-and-developer-functionality

I can't help but read that as a sponsor expressing in public how proud
it is of the community it works with. We should be happy by what Red
Hat actually had to say about the release and about our community. Red
Hat can't prevent the media from misrepresenting things, but I don't
see Red Hat misrepresenting anything here.

John