planning fedora presentation at local library

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov (Fedora Project) bogomil at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 26 08:31:20 UTC 2012

On 23 November 2012 22:45, brad.b82 <brad.b82 at zoho.com> wrote:

> **
> Howdy folks!
> I finally decided to take a bold step, and contact the director at my
> local library to see if I can setup a presentation about using Fedora to
> replace the other commercial OS.  If she agrees to hear more about the
> particulars of the project, I may be asking for advice from you guys!  This
> would be my first presentation of this nature. :-)

Be prepared for a resistance. Most of the required software in libraries in
K-12 is running on Windows only (mainly) and it's really hard to change
something there. Maybe installing both will be better idea and people can
choose.

Let me know If I can help you with something. I have a lot of experience in
US education system :)
//Bogo

> For all those that celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope your holiday went well,
> and you can still fit your pants!

Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov
Open(Web) Thinker and doer.
http://talkweb.eu

++
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
-- Nelson Mandela