"Red Hat Releases Fedora 18 Beta"

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 17:31:41 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 09:50 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> [...]
>>> one [1] - please take a look - or extend it with more moo-ish as
>>> for
>>> Alpha ;-) Would be great to get it out asap. What are the places we
>>> send Beta announcement?
>> announce, test-announce and devel-announce lists are the usual places
>> where I saw previous ones.
> The question was more about the external entities - if it's more luck it
> gets a good coverage or we have a proper distribution channel for
> announcements to media. And that Fedora announcement precedes RH one (as
> it was explained in LWN comments).
We only ship things to those lists. Most of the media who pay attention
are subscribed to at least announce list, though many are also
subscribed to the marketing list as well for news.

The press at fp.o mailing address is basically "incoming only."

Direct outreach/contact has always been handled by someone at RHT in the
PR department, in conjunction with the FPL, because they have the
extensive database of contacts and etc. that is meticulously pruned and
kept up to date, have access to press wire, etc.