"Red Hat Releases Fedora 18 Beta"

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 22:24:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:28:04PM -0600, inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any reason why our own marketing community cant start creating and
> > maintaining our own extensive database of contacts so on and so forth and we
> > simply stop dealing with/through Red Hat PR or any other third party or
> > sponsor?
>
> One guess: no one so far thinks it is worth their time to duplicate
> the work already being done by a sponsor who is willing to let us
> leverage the work they do continuously.
[...snip...]

There is cachet that comes from Red Hat's involvement here which is
valuable to journalists as well, i.e. a symbiotic relationship.
Unfortunately that sometimes results in an error, but overall this has
been getting steadily better over the last several years.

Does anyone know if the Red Hat PR person who was assisting in this
case (I'm sorry, stuck in an interface without access to name right
now) hangs out on this mailing list?  I wonder if the tenor of this
conversation at numerous points would have been inhospitable to a
newcomer.  I also hope this person knows we all make mistakes from
time to time and the good effort deserves notice.  I'm drawn once
again to the community tenet "Assume good intentions."  Have we done
that?