Improve Fedora Project

Álvaro Castillo netsys at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 2 00:20:00 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 23:18:42 +0530
> Arnav Kalra <arnavkalra007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be best if we officially start a programme to collect user
> > suggestions. What do you say?
> > http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ comes to my mind.
>
> I think unless it was carefully curated, it could cause frustration. ;(
>
> For example, what if it had a suggestion of "Support mp3 playback out
> of the box". That would be nice and all, but it's a legal/freedom
> impossibility. Or "Free laptops for everyone", etc.
>
> Dell has: http://www.ideastorm.com/
> thats similar.
>
> Any software we would setup in fedora would need to be packaged and
> pass though our Request For Resources process.
>
> kevin

Mmm, I think MP3 supports, or privative programs although most use the RPM
Fusion repositories able to use proprietary software or other OpenSource
license CDDL VirtualBox-OSE type ... should not be added, because one of
the things that encourages Fedora is using only the free software, bring
fewer problems and if not used, would not develop ever. Maybe the state of
nouveau was not so for example, if it were not so used and so encouraged.
In addition to, some countries cannot uses these software by software
legals problems.

--
Álvaro Castillo

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys