Coordination in social networks

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 13:49:34 UTC 2012

There doesn't seem to be anyone to step up and become a social media
coordinator. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do it because of all my
other roles in Fedora Project. But Kevin Fenzi gave me admin rights to
"Fedora Project" page at Google+ and because I already take care of
"Fedora CZ" page I can take care of this one, too.

I started creating events for all Fedora test days, posting news etc.
There are 12,000 people following the page and the response to test days
has been big so far. We'll see how many of them will actually
participate in test days, but it's a good start.
If you want to help, you can pick another social network, get access to
our page/account, and do the same. We've discussed it a lot, instead of
bringing more and more ideas on the table we should focus on executing
those we have now. Stuff never gets done by discussions.

Jiri