alpha announcement - eyeballs?

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 09:06:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:36:12 -0400,
>   Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> So there have been a few eyeballs on this thus far - but as always would
>> love more:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/**wiki/F19_Alpha_release_**announcement<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F19_Alpha_release_announcement>
>>
>> We talked about this a bit in the release readiness meeting 1.5ish weeks
>> ago - IIRC the docs folks were going to borrow liberally from this, and the
>> talking points, to copy over into the release notes.
>>
>> In any case: At some point today tonight releng (specifically dgilmore)
>> needs to get a "mail-friendly" copy of this to send out for the alpha
>> announcement, so ... if you have feedback, now's the time :D
>>

> The only thing I noticed is that some of the mentioned spins don't get
> ISOs built for alpha (or beta). So the get pre-release link isn't going to
> work for them. People wanting to try those would need to use something like
> the nightly composes page. There will be ISOs for the four main desktop
> spins.

Thanks for noting this - I added a line about getting them via nightly
compose to that section, similar to the blurb we've had in the past. We
haven't really gone into deep explanation on Spins before in the Alpha/Beta
release announcements - while I'm not going to change it at this point, I
wonder if it's really something we want to make noise about before we get
to final release announcement territory, beyond "alternate spins are
available via nightly" (see older announcements such as
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Alpha_release_announcement) ... thoughts?