Meeting minutes 8/5/13

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 01:16:01 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 15:58 -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:

> Minutes:
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2013-08-05/fedora_marketing_team.2013-08-05-18.29.html

Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting. Waking up early is not one of my
strengths.

I was wondering if fedoramagazine.org is maintained by fedora infra? If
it were, I could help with the infra side. I already do this for
askfedora[1].

I was hoping there'll be some unassigned tasks in the minutes that I
could volunteer for but it seems like they're all taken.

About the GIG (Get involved guide): This seems closely related to
http://join.fedoraproject.org and the Join wiki page[2]. Do we need to
have them both, or would it be better to just maintain *one* source of
information? Multiple sources tend to confuse new folks, from what I've
seen. Some of us set up the Fedora Join SIG a while back[3] and I've
been planning to overhaul join.fp.o for a bit. I don't think it's
organized well enough for new folks. One idea was to make it into a
landing page on the lines of apps.fp.o[4], so it looks something like
this[5].

Please give me a shout if you need help with any of the current tasks.

Cheers!

[1] http://ask.fedoraproject.org/questions/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG