[Fedora Magazine] Event Calendar

Zacharias Mitzelos zacharias.mitzelos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 22:38:27 UTC 2013

Hey folks,

I have been trying since our meeting to find an event calendar for the
magazine so events (and meetings maybe?) to be shown on the magazine as
well, and help visitors find a Fedora Event easily.

I have enabled the one I think is best. Go ahead and take a look at it.
There is a nice widget on, where a list of upcoming events is shown. I
have created some events so you can have a taste of what it can be done.
When you press an event on the widget, it directs you to the calendar
page(fedoramagazine.org/calendar, where you can find all the events,
filter them by month/week/day/list and even choose specific categories
to be displayed (For example, if you are a user, you can untick the
Meetings category) Categories are divided by colors. We could also
categorize the events under regions.

Before I ended up with this one, I saw and tried many more, but most of
them are either not supported with version 3.6 we are using, or they
have bad feedbacks, or they don't seem nice on the magazine (no colors etc.)

I am waiting your opinions on that.

Regards,
Zacharias Mitzelos