Meeting minutes 8/5/13

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 00:56:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

Apologies for the ultra late reply :/

On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 21:36 -0400, Chris Roberts wrote:
> I think regarding the wiki page it should exist. I do really like the
> apps.fp.o scheme and I think that would be an awesome idea for the
> landing page. But I think we should have a wiki page still, because if
> someone is reading within the wiki and they read about the different
> teams, then goto click how can I contribute, the page is right there
> for them. I am just using my input how I would navigate the site if I
> was a normal user visiting the first time. Maybe we could have some
> links back to the landing page within the wiki page itself?

I didn't mean to say that I wanted the landing page removed. I'm sorry
if that's how it came across. What I meant was that there should be
*one* document that any one who wants to join Fedora should look at.

So,

Fedora website landing page[1] (*shiny*) -> wiki page with
details[2](details)

works really well. I'm wondering what role the "getting involved
guide"[3] is supposed to play in this. Is it supposed to be a one page
version of the detailed wiki page, or a walk through? It seems to just
paraphrase the same information that the above two pages have.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Get_Involved_Guide
--