Fwd: Fedora Magazine Mailing list created

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 18:53:31 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 01:43 PM, zacharias.mitzelos at gmail.com wrote:
> And also byfollowing the default is open method, that's why we
> decided to make a mailing list on our own, to discuss about any issues on the
> magazine with all the users. And we don't limit the discussions to bugs
> on the magazine only, but to bring all discussions regarding the
> magazine on this list. And we also want our visitors (and developers
> ofc) to communicate with us (stuff) in a way. And not having them
> contacting the marketing list ;)

I don't understand the problem with contacting the marketing list. Can
you perhaps make it clear to me how magazine-related discussions are not
marketing-related and why they should be separate?

> I don't think that making this list is "a too much". And needless to
> say that any major changes on the magazine will be forwarded on the
> marketing list so everyone can comment(eg. Fedora calendar). We don't
> want to separate the magazine from the marketing team. ;)

I'm not talking only about major changes, though - I'm talking about any
general discussion.

The magazine should be a core part of the marketing effort, IMHO. Having
it require two lists seems counter-intuitive to that.

> PS: the idea was discussed on our weekly meeting and no one
> disagreed with that.

Unfortunately, I was unable to make the meeting due to being in new hire
orientation, or I would have disagreed. This is one of the reasons I
like Apache's approach of taking decisions on the mailing list and
having a 72-hour window to discuss things... by default, there's always
someone who can't make a meeting due to time zone issues, work
commitments, etc.
--
Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat