10th Anniversary of the Fedora Project

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 28 14:43:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:10:44AM -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> I talked to John Terrill, our new PR contact at Red Hat about this
> just yesterday. We'll definitely get the word out, but if anybody has
> ideas for things we can do at this point, speak up! The team originally
> talked about doing 52 weeks of interviews with Fedorans new and old,
> but I have no idea where the people who were working on the plan have
> gone. (Are you there? ...out there? ...out there?) That also may have
> been overly ambitious. But we could resurrect that plan with the renewed
> interest in the marketing team, and rather than 52 leading up to the
> anniversary, we could do one per month during the next year /starting/
> with the anniversary. Thoughts?

I like the moxie, but 52 weeks might be a bit much. I don't know that
we'd hold people's interest with a new interview each week, even
assuming we get them completed and published.

A monthly retrospective would be good, I think. What if we focused on
different teams in Fedora, major milestones, etc.?

e.g. - September: FPL retrospective w/interviews; October: Major
technical achievements that landed 1st in Fedora; November: How Fedora
got its four Fs

etc.

I think those would have some social media value and interest. Thoughts?

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat