Self-Introduction: Harry R Hodgson

harryrhodgson at gmail.com harryrhodgson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 00:04:31 UTC 2013

Hi, my name is Harry Hodgson and I live in Britian . My FAS username is harryrhodgson, and my IRC nickname is not yet created, I know how to work IRC just don't have access to Fedora ATM to do so as I'm traveling.
I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through personal distro research, and am interested in joining because I believe in freedom and freedom that brings you the latest and greatest technological advancements, I believe Fedora brings this - not only is it free but it is also highly regarded and provides the user with a varied range of applications that maximizes there usage.

This is the first FOSS project I have worked on! Although I've been wanting to get involved for well over a year, no communities offered a marketing experience like Fedora did!
 I've worked in Marketing in the past. Some of the projects I've worked on, or roles I've had, include:
Marketing Manager at LetsLunchUK - launched in the UK to just under 200 users, we secured coverage on TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal and The Huffington Post
Marketing Director at LetsGrow Foundation - currently working with the LetsGrow foundation to build a secure interest before launch.
Marketing manager at Flowsee - worked with start-up Flowsee to market there social network and to kickstart there kick starter which raised a suitable amount of money but didn't reach there goal.

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:
    Social Media Marketing -       Getting the Fedora community pumped and eager.
    Physical marketing - Hopefully attending both online and offline events and spreading the fedora cheer.
Media attention - Getting the media to spread the fedora way of life.

Other skills include:

Podcasting and blogging knowledge.

Fantastic communication skills on and offline.

I'd also like to learn:
Development skills through the community although this isn't marketing the community would be strong enough to teach me and I'd be able to help Fedora in two areas.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am educating myself on the ways of business at South Axholme Academy. (Studying at this school.)
A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are to make fedora the most popular linux distro in the UK maybe even the world and to meet and socialize with hundreds of awesome open source loving humans - that is so important to me, I want to be part of a community . I would also like to see Fedora torrents - i've not seen them yet but usually they're faster than mirror downloads and that would totally rock for all those who want Fedora super fast.
I am wondering about why Fedora is so damn awesome? and will we ever see a completely cloud based Fedora?.
Thanks for taking your time to read this email, it is very much appreciated! Lets rock the open source world! I'd just like to thank you for offering a template, so easy and gave me a lot of time to go through and really put in consideration to what I was writing. Fantastic!

All the best,
Harry Hodgson