Fedora Magazine Mockup

Sarah White graphitefriction at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 21:42:55 UTC 2013

Mo and the Design Team, this looks awesome! Professional and fun!

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> We could drop the arrows on the one
> lower down on the page and just use that one for the leading front page
> story. The rotating banners up top i think could show the leading
> stories for other sections so you can jump to them (e.g., development /
> FWN / events)

I agree with you and Reznick. Rotating banners in two places feels a little
cluttered/Vegas slot machine. I like the idea of having the top banner show
the leading or sticky story for each section. However, is there a way to
then exclude or use a different image so that the rotating banner section
story and leading front page story aren't the same at the same time? Or is
that not really a problem?

One other thought -- could the body text font size be increased? A problem
I have with opensource.com is it makes me feel like I'm 80 even when I have
my glasses on and I end up zooming in on pages. However, this definitely
isn't an issue that should hold up launching the website.

--Sarah