People ask sometimes Why Fedora does not rolling distro? Sometimes think so too.

Álvaro Castillo netsys at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 25 18:05:28 UTC 2013

Yeap, I'm ambassador and one of my task is to show Fedora's values between
other things. However, some people ask me about why Fedora does not a
rolling distro? It's too lazy have to upgrade system without any bugs each
6 month or 1 year month if you do not want lose Fedora security and
software updates.

I do not understand, Fuduntu is a very good laptop-based distro, based on
Fedora and comfortable for end-user such as Ubuntu, and It's a rolling
distro, you can get latest software without do a lot, and... when Fuduntu's
team releases a new version, you only do a yum upgrade to change a new
version without do a lot of and not suffer upgrade process. And Fedora has
got an testing group something like rawhide on Fedora.

Also, had known a people uses CentOS as desktop because does not like have
to upgrade your system each 6 month, do not like a possible bugs after
upgrade to Fedora new version or fix rpmnews... and would not like cross
your fingers to find a bug that could be break the system.

Why do you think about this? Fedora could be follow Fuduntu's steps? Or
it's no problem worry about some people wants?

Off: Please, I hope do not hurt with my "engrish" words because I'm trying
day-to-day improve my english, if you cannot understand, please let me know.

--
Álvaro Castillo

Fedora Project, EMEA ambassador
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys