release stories for various sites

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jul 1 19:13:51 UTC 2013

Greetings.

It's possibly too late for tomorrow, but what would people think of
making an effort to get ready and submit stories to various sites when
the release happens.

For example slashdot will almost surely have a post on it, but usually
it's submitted by someone random and has links that aren't ideal or
talks about things we don't want to highlight or whatever.

If we could ready submissions and hit submit right at release we might
have better info/links out to people.

What does everyone think? anyone willing to write things up for some
site and submit? Or plan better to do so in the f20 cycle?

slashdot
reddit
lwn

other sites that have user submissions?