Marketing retrospective for F19

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 03:16:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 10:08 -0400, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> [...]

I'm guilty of this too. I haven't attended a single mktg meeting this
cycle. I'll make sure I change that in the future.

> | Do/Can we have a check list of release
> | related tasks somewhere that we should constantly keep an eye on?
>
> There's a schedule of common tasks that updates as release schedules update. Here's the one for F20:
> http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-20/f-20-marketing-tasks.html
>
> It's worth noting process changes for F20:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy
>
> Schedule overall:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/Schedule

/me bookmarks links.

> There are a lot of things I'd like to do. For example, we started work at FUDCon on updated brochures based on the ones for specific roles (like designer or photographer). But honestly, I'm just one person, and messages to this list tend to fall silent, and there's nobody coming to the marketing meetings. Most of my time lately has been falling into making sure Flock happens successfully. If anyone has any suggestions at all about how to get more of you involved in doing things, I am listening with both ears and a few spares!

Getting folks involved is a common problem with all teams IMO. No one
has a concrete solution. What I do is work and make noise (*lots* of
noise: blog posts, mails to ambassadors etc. lists) about it and hope
that the "leading by example" paradigm comes into play. Making noise
also lets the community know of what tasks are on/pending/done and
someone or the other always finds something interesting enough to help
with.

I also tend to catch folks I know and trick/bribe them into doing
something for me (and then writing about it). /me looks at Nitesh.

I'll pay more attention to marketing this cycle.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!