A story worth publishing? Paul Frields returns to Fedora as the "Fedora Engineering Manager"

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 16:24:25 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 09:47:32AM -0600, Pete Travis wrote:

> On 11/01/2013 09:00 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 06:29:41AM -0700, Chris A. Roberts wrote:
> >> Ankur,
> >>
> >> +1 I think this would be an awesome post for the Magazine :) Do you
> have an
> >> account on the site?
> >
> > CC'ing Paul. Maybe he has thoughts to add?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > jzb
> I think this is a *great* starting point for an article. Paul is a very
> likable guy, and I'm sure an article featuring him would garner some of
> that popularity as well.
>
> *Please* don't just copy and paste his mail to the community into a
> Magazine post.  There's a story here about Paul and his history with the
> community, the history of his new position, the thoughts of his new
> subordinates, the impact on the project, and whatever I didn't think of.
> We should be treating these mailing list posts as sources in the
> journalistic sense, not as sources of content to be piped verbatim into
> wordpress.
>
> </rant>

Hi guys!

Thanks for the kind words.  I'd be happy to participate if I can
manage against some other deadlines.  If someone wants to pull
together some questions and send them to me, I can definitely
answer that way, interview-style, if that's how you guys would like to
see this.  Do you have other ideas?