A story worth publishing? Paul Frields returns to Fedora as the "Fedora Engineering Manager"

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Fri Nov 1 19:14:08 UTC 2013

On Nov 1, 2013 10:24 AM, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 09:47:32AM -0600, Pete Travis wrote:

> > have an
> > >
> > > CC'ing Paul. Maybe he has thoughts to add?
> > >
> > > Best,
> > >
> > > jzb
> > I think this is a *great* starting point for an article. Paul is a very
> > likable guy, and I'm sure an article featuring him would garner some of
> > that popularity as well.
> >
> > *Please* don't just copy and paste his mail to the community into a
> > Magazine post.  There's a story here about Paul and his history with the
> > community, the history of his new position, the thoughts of his new
> > subordinates, the impact on the project, and whatever I didn't think of.
> > We should be treating these mailing list posts as sources in the
> > journalistic sense, not as sources of content to be piped verbatim into
> > wordpress.
> >
> > </rant>
>
> Hi guys!
>
> Thanks for the kind words.  I'd be happy to participate if I can
> manage against some other deadlines.  If someone wants to pull
> together some questions and send them to me, I can definitely
> answer that way, interview-style, if that's how you guys would like to
> see this.  Do you have other ideas?
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields

Interview format sounds good to me.  Thanks for indulging us, Paul, and
please speak up if there are specific topics you'd like to touch on.

Ankur, you and I seem to sync up on IRC often enough; care to get together
over a gobby session and some beer this weekend to hash out some questions
for Paul?  (an open invitation, but BYOB :)

--Pete