Do we have control of "Fedora Desktops" on Facebook?

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 01:38:47 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 11:38:26AM +1100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Hi Jiri,
>
> On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 13:19 +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > I don't think there is any process to make an account on social
> > networks
> > official. The accounts above are considered official because they are
> > maintained by people from the Fedora Project such as me, Ruth,
> > Robyn,...
>
> Aye. That's what I thought. Do we need to put up a document that will
> guide people looking to make Fedora related accounts: Do's and Dont's or
> something? Or is it acceptable for anyone to make a "Fedora xxxx"
> account? Like community websites, should we need them to at least inform
> someone when they make a new Fedora related account?

Don't the trademark guidelines cover this?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines?rd=Legal/TrademarkGuidelines

Under non-commercial, that should apply to the creation of FB pages.

We should be able to contact the owner and ask that they indicate that
the page is not affiliated or endorsed by the Fedora project, etc.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst