RFC: Initial text for users' flyer

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 10 14:42:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:02:51 +1100
Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 09:20 -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > Probably better to do this on the wiki, IMHO. Not everyone on the
> > Marketing team is going to have a GitHub account, and may not be
> > comfortable using git. Can we do this on the wiki?
>
> Moved text to wiki[1]
>
> [1]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/For_Ambassadors/Home_users

Looking at the wiki, it says "Apache Open Office" [1]. Would it be
better to just say LibreOffice? This is the verbiage I propose:

"Fedora 20 includes LibreOffice, a popular free and open-source
software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and
more! LibreOffice is the default office suite in Fedora and ships with
tons of features and languages (with more being added constantly)."

There might be something regarding office suites in Fedora I'm not
aware of - but the original (copied from the release notes, iirc)
seemed a bit terse.

Any thoughts?

// Roshi

[1]