RFC: Initial text for users' flyer

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 16:28:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 04:07:54PM -0600, Mike Ruckman wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:29:34 -0500
> Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com> wrote:
> > If we assume that a user is new to Fedora, they don't really care if a
> > feature/application appeared in Fedora 20, 19, or Fedora Core 1. They
> > care that it exists. So how does the content of the flier speak to
> > what our target users (target here == consumer desktop users, right?)
> > want?
>
> I think there might be several different users we could be targeting.
> Each of those target audiences could end up needing a different flier.
> For instance, selling a developer on Fedora at a Linux User Group would
> take different talking points than convincing my mother to use Fedora.

Wait, you haven't convinced your mother to use Fedora yet?

But, yes. Different audiences. But we might want to start with a flier
that addresses the largest possible audience, and then diverge as
needed. We've already done a cloud flier recently - I think developer is
also planned?

> We don't actually support the Raspberry Pi, as it's an outdated ARM
> processor and you can't run the kernel the Pi uses without the
> proprietary blobs (it's not completely open source). [1]

Ah, yeah. Sorry - my point was just that ARM, in general, is probably
not a feature that is going to pull in the Average User.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat