Posts from the Planet to the Magazine

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 15:22:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 08:49:37AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 01:31:23AM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > Not sure voting is necessary - if someone is taking point on this, we
> > should empower them to run with it, IMHO. (And if there's 2+ excellent
> > posts, why limit things? Re-running all of Planet would be excessive,
> > but if we find N+1 great posts in a week and the authors are OK with
> > reposts, then cool by me.)
>
> Honestly, I don't think it'd hurt to rerun all of the
> directly-Fedora-relevant content from the planet. Possibly this could even
> be done automatically for people who agree to it and who agree to follow
> certain rules? I stopped following it regularly because of the amount of
> non-Fedora content, which is kind of a shame because there _is_ a lot of
> great Fedora activity that I'm missing.

Might wind up with quite a lot of content hitting the site that way.
Might, not sure.

But I think we're all agreed: Running some posts from Planet with assent
from the authors is a good thing. (Yes?)

We can start small and work our way up, I think. Is someone prepped to
run with that?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst