Ambassadors marketing set

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 08:54:20 UTC 2013

I'm really happy to see this get's real, and I can also work on this.
I have checked the list, including the wiki page, and I would like to
add more something.
Somehow I would like to have a script, that runs a nation specific
sync from repo. In my mind, this means the following SOP:

A, Ambassador creates a live image with persistent storage (live image
always handy on any machine to make demo) on a pendrive. I think the
size of the device should be around 8 gigs, and with this can be
enough to have a live multiboot spin, and the full marketing set. This
way we can receive multiple things, as live usb station, rescue
system, demonstration set, etc. It's only need to mount that
persistent storage, and done.

B, Installs a triggering package where it receives after install some
other tools too as (it's only brainstorming from my side):
- Business card generator rpm
- Liveusb-creator generator rpm
- Conference ID/Pass generator (it would be awesome to have a
printable contributor pass - with coloring for main activity, name,
country, and spoken languages. So when eg. flock comes, the other side
of the sheet can be the event booklet (maps, infos) and event
advertising.)
- Empty Libreoffice impress templates for presentations, talks and
Libreoffice Writer event report templates (Famsco can be happy if we
follow a generic sheet template, and that can be attached to tickets,
I think)
- Live USB station poster
- Official Fedora Social channels poster
- Fedora Planet Advertising
- Fedora Hosted Projects (yep we have it, but needs serious
advertising - maybe webpage would be also great as highlighting
projects of the month - join to the project page),
- Contributor join poster, I mean join.fpo (invitation to join positions),
- Generic quiz about Fedora and community as game for hats, mugs etc.
(I have this, only needs translation, we use it effectively at HU, to
gather and keep contacts, as we request end of the sheet for name and
email address)
- 4 F posters set (4 sheet)
- Currently active projects poster(s)/flyers where we would like to
the people pay attention (eg. per release features, IMHO it can be one
page release note - but it would be better, if people know what is our
main target, what is in our focus)
- Talking points (as a guide at booth, maybe with etiquette)
- Optional: Ambassador bi-weekly Meetings/Schedule calendar with
marked dates (printable), super key sticker sheet, and one generic
easy to cut-out with scissors stickers sheet

C, Ambassador is happy as select his extra tools, and ready to run the
event after he/she finished in print shop.

Sorry for long mail, maybe this is not all, but I don't want to start
to fill wiki until we don't have talked everything. Opinions about
section B?

Thanks,

Zoltan

--