Fedora 20 Marketing Tasks

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 14:49:51 UTC 2013

Howdy all,

With the naming done for the F20 release[1] I started thinking "what
does the marketing team need to do for the Fedora 20 release."

It turns out, we have a list of tasks already[2]. I wanted to check to
see if anyone is working on some/all of these, and suggest we think
about creating Trac tickets for some/all of the tasks.

Some of the tasks that jumped out at me that we should begin working on,
with an eye to the schedule[3]:

- Create Talking Points (Due: Yesterday)
- Proposed Changes Profiles (Due: Oct. 1st, start: Yesterday)
- Create Alpha Release Announcement (Marketing w/Docs: Due Sept. 12)
- Review Firefox Bookmarks for Update (Due: Sept. 24)

I've already started a Wiki page for the talking points and put up an
outline, but haven't filled anything in yet. [4] I will start adding to
that page this week, but others are welcome to jump in as well -
especially interested in feedback from folks who've worked on the
talking points previously.

Thoughts, comments, flames, volunteers?

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2013-September/003181.html
[2] http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-20/f-20-marketing-tasks.html
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/Schedule
[4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_20_talking_points

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Open Source and Standards, Red Hat