Fedora 20 Marketing Tasks

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 06:00:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-04 at 09:49 -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> With the naming done for the F20 release[1] I started thinking "what
> does the marketing team need to do for the Fedora 20 release."
>
> It turns out, we have a list of tasks already[2]. I wanted to check to
> see if anyone is working on some/all of these, and suggest we think
> about creating Trac tickets for some/all of the tasks.
>
> Some of the tasks that jumped out at me that we should begin working
> on,
> with an eye to the schedule[3]:
>
> - Create Talking Points (Due: Yesterday)
> - Proposed Changes Profiles (Due: Oct. 1st, start: Yesterday)
> - Create Alpha Release Announcement (Marketing w/Docs: Due Sept. 12)
> - Review Firefox Bookmarks for Update (Due: Sept. 24)
>
> I've already started a Wiki page for the talking points and put up an
> outline, but haven't filled anything in yet. [4] I will start adding
> that page this week, but others are welcome to jump in as well -
> especially interested in feedback from folks who've worked on the
> talking points previously.

The docs team keeps trac of the new features as far as I know. In the
past, data from their "beats" was used to create talking points (I
think). Might be less work if we could work with them on this again.

> Thoughts, comments, flames, volunteers?

+1 for reusing the trac. The milestones etc. are really helpful when it
comes to release critical tasks.

I don't see "Create marketing collateral" in the list. We didn't have
any last release and the ambassadors had no flyers/one page release
notes to give out at all. Worth adding to the list?

My schedule's quite tight at the moment, but I can keep track of the
tickets and help where I can once they're up.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!