Infographic: (Was Re: 10th Anniversary of the Fedora Project)

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Fri Sep 6 13:18:12 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Yes, I agree - though some of these may be hard to obtain or have changed over time with regards to the collection methodology (# of contributors is a good example; the move from the CLA to the FPCA essentially was a reset on the contributor-counter).

Other things:

* Number of different spins created
* Number of unique IP connections
* Number of OLPC XO's shipped with Fedora
* Shortest / longest development cycle
* Number of FUDCons, Where FUDCons have been
* Number of acceptable licenses
* Number of continents on which Fedora is used and/or developed (Because Jef Spaleta is awesome and makes Antarctica happen)
* Number of Fedora Ambassadors
* Number of people who have been on the Board, FESCo, FAmSCo

Anyone else have ideas?

Infographics can be fun, when done right; making a comprehensive list of data points available is the place to start, and then we can see about how to turn those points into something that tells a story or makes a meaningful point and then figure out how to make that work visually, rather than putting lots of charts into one large picture and hoping it says something.

And yes - having a wiki page would be a good idea. So here it is: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AnniversaryInfographic

If you do have ideas on data points (or even the actual data to go with it!) - feel free to share and discuss on list, but it's super helpful to also have them in the wiki page as well.

-robyn