Fedora Infrastructure Video Published

Marcel Ribeiro Dantas ribeirodantasdm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 02:41:04 UTC 2013

2013/9/23 Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com>

> Originally, archive.org was agreed upon[1].

That's good to know. I hadn't heard of archive.org, but I just tried it out
and I can watch videos there (I'm using Gnash).

> However, when Nitesh revived the videos project, we picked on
> vimeo/youtube. The main reason here is
> that archive.org isn't always quick enough as either youtube or vimeo.

I see.

> We could upload to multiple locations though and let folks choose where
> they want to see them.

Yeah, I think that would be ok (though it's counter-productive).

> Also, if the video is in ogg format, you should be able to view it on
> youtube without flash via their html5 system. I'm not sure about vimeo's
> html5 support.

You're not getting me. I *do* can watch any video on Youtube by using HTML5
or Gnu Flash (Gnash) or both. Besides, I can even download Youtube videos.
That's why I'm asking you guys to also make use of Youtube so that people
who refuse to use proprietary software can still access Fedora content.

Best regards,

--
Marcel Ribeiro Dantas,
Biomedical Engineering Researcher at LAIS

http://mribeirodantas.fedorapeople.org
mribeirodantas at fedoraproject.org
mribeirodantas at lais.huol.ufrn.br

GNU/Linux User nro. #440985