Do we have a style guide for Fedora Magazine? Should we?

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 19:13:58 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Just wondering if we should consider a brief style guide for Fedora
magazine?

One item to cover on this would definitely be how to capitalize the
titles of our posts. Having this consistent is always a good thing.

For the capitialization of posts, my vote is for sentence case. This
tends to be the most popular currently in online publications [1], [2].
and in my honest opinion, it is not as harsh and shouty as the
alternative title case. Title case is also a lot harder to get
consistent, as many people have different ideas of what to capitalise.

For example, the sentence case is simple, capitalize the first word, and
any proper nouns:
Fedora 21 will feature "Solarized" color schemes in both the Terminal
and Gedit

and the title case (depending on who is writing it) could be:
Fedora 21 will Feature "Solarized" Color Schemes in Both The Terminal
and Gedit
or
Fedora 21 Will Feature "Solarized" Color Schemes in Both The Terminal
and Gedit

cheers,
ryanlerch

[1] - http://www.theverge.com/