FAS Group information

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 15:32:33 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 09:58 AM, Chris Roberts wrote:

> During Flock we had a talk about being active contributors and
> membership in the FAS marketing group and we have come to the following:
>
> To stay active in the FAS group you have to make at least one
> contribution during a release schedule, if you have not made any
> contributions you will be removed from the FAS group.
>
> We have a lot of inactive members and when I did start to remove people,
> I got a lot of feedback from them saying why they were removed. This
> happens in the FI-Aprentice group where if you do not reply to an email
> each month you are removed. If you are removed from the group and would
> like to rejoin that is totally fine, we want to see contribution in
> order to be in the group.
>
> I will post this new information on our Marketing wiki page as well.

+1 to all this. We have a lot of folks being active in Fedora Magazine,
etc., which is awesome! It doesn't take a lot to contribute - one
magazine piece, for example, or helping to pull together release
announcements, etc.

(Note, I wouldn't consider just showing up to meetings a contribution.)

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst