Distrowatch: Trying on Fedora 21

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sat Dec 27 21:42:57 UTC 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Full review on
> http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20141222#fedora

Almost every Fedora review for the past umteen years has ended with this type of summary (I paraphrase):

"Fedora is great but they don't include all of the proprietary stuff you want."

Even the Linux Action Show, with all of their praise for Fedora... complained that even though using the third-party rpmfusion repo is easier than ever... more proprietary stuff is built for Ubuntu(-based) than Fedora... so they just can't install all of the proprietary software like they want.  Argh.  It is so frustrating.

Sometimes I just feel that we can't win. :(  Oh, and no I don't want to abandon free software ethics to fix those issues... not that Red Hat legal would let us even if we wanted to.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street