a fedora.next marketing question

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 13:51:36 UTC 2014

On 02/12/2014 02:14 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> So, marketing team people: what do you think? Which is the right general
> approach? If we do the second thing, does it dilute our ability to deliver
> the Fedora Message? How can we overcome that? Other questions? Other
> answers?

I'm in the "low bar" camp, depending on the definition of "promote"
here. For example, we currently "promote" spins on the Web site, and I
don't think that should change. The alpha/beta/final announcements can
and should include mentions of spins and other work in Fedora even if
it's not it's one of the Three Products.

But we might say it's up to folks doing "other" work to come up with
screenshots/copy, etc. if we're going to put them on the site/include in
release announcements, etc.

In other words - they'll need to meet the marketing team part-way and
get involved if they want help promoting their work, but we shouldn't be
refusing to promote anything done in Fedora if the team doing the work
is willing to take those steps.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst