a fedora.next marketing question

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 02:08:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-14 at 11:29 -0600, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 02/14/2014 11:27 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:16:18AM -0600, yn1v at taygon.com wrote:
> >> So, ambassadors need to get involved and do their part-way to meet
> >> marketing? Or it is marketing team need to do they part-way to meet
> >> ambassadors?
> >
> > I think "yes, definitely" to one of these. :)
>
> I was sort of thinking it's both. Otherwise it's just one group doing
> the full way, isn't it?

I'd really like it to be both ways.

From my experience, ambassadors tend to think of themselves as
*downstream* in the fedora community. As in, maintainers + rel-eng + QA
+ marketing + design + all teams that contribute to a release *build*
the release and *then* ambassadors come into the picture to spread word
about it. I've been trying to get more ambassadors involved in
release-critical tasks, marketing or otherwise, but I haven't had much
luck there. I don't think there's much we can do here. I say we continue
looking for new contributors, wherever they may come from.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Join Fedora! Come talk to us!