Fedora Magazine - Failed login attempts

Zacharias Mitzelos zacharias.mitzelos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:30:24 UTC 2014

I logged in to the Magazine today because I would like to start in an
article. Jetpack's Security Audit is a widget from jetpack that we have
enabled, which shows you the latest security logs in the administrator's
dashboard, and I saw that there are 287 failed logins (and counting) to
the username 'admin'

Is there a way to implement a captcha plugin at the login page? Is there
anything else we could do?
I have removed all privileges of 'admin' for now (since it's an account
that non of us use), and btw I promoted mattdm from editor to admin.

Zacharias (mitzie)