magazine -- can I haz write plz?

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 19:04:29 UTC 2014

On 03/18/2014 01:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:55:35PM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>>> Thanks. I'm assuming that we are not at the scale where there's much need
>>> for coordination / editorial review, etc. and that we're basically going on
>>> trusting each other to make quality posts, right? :)
>> Pretty much, though if you (or anyone) *want* an edit pass, please give
>> a shout on the list and we can take a look.
>
> Yes, please take a look at what I just put up -- I scheduled it to go live
> in an hour. Thanks!

Looks fine to me. I clicked the image for the refreshed design and got a
"content failed to load" - but maybe that's b/c it's in preview?

> I also disregarded the guidelines and made a new subcategory of General News.
> If this was too presumptuous, I won't be offended if you undo.

Heh. IIRC I did the same thing when I started doing Magazine stuff and
it was rolled back. I think.

I think "general news" is reasonable. Objections?

> I'm also unsure of the guidance about not adding too many tags. How many is
> too many? Seems like in general it's often appropriate to have a handful, as
> long as they all actually apply.

I don't see how tags are terribly disruptive if there's a lot. Maybe >10
would be too many?

Thanks for doing this - looks great.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst