Fwd: Five Things in Fedora This Week (2014-03-18)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 19 16:08:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:24:37AM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 03/19/2014 10:23 AM, Chris Roberts wrote:
> >> And speaking of traffic and handling scaling, do we now have enough power to
> >> turn Jetpack back on?
> Can someone refresh my memory - what does JetPack do for us? We should
> probably keep the add-ons to a bare minimum, since that just increases
> the number of things we're having to keep updated.

This is an official thing from Wordpress, so it's in some ways safer than
random plugins. But it's also quite large.

Of the things it provides, I am particularly interested in email
subscriptions to posts and comments, and the improved commenting system in
general. And also the markdown support (not crucial, but I do love me some
markdown). The stats system might be interesting from a marketing/metrics
perspective.