Social Media Trends

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 13:58:14 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 08:42 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> A little about Facebook. I have admin on that page, so I see the "N
> number of people saw this post" on each thing there when I go to the page.
>
> - Robyn's recent blog post went up yesterday: FB says 1,881 people saw
> the post. Shared? Once.
> - Matt's post on Fedora.next was shared on 19 March: FB says 2,747
> people saw the post. Shared? Twice.
> - Intro to Copr shared on 11 March: FB says 2,086 people saw the post.
> Shared? Once.

I forgot to add: these are not bad numbers for a page with 40K
followers. Advertisers would be pretty pleased with these numbers, I
think - hitting about 5% of the audience is actually not bad. I don't
know how many people actually clicked through to Fedora Magazine from
each post, but 5% isn't too bad.

We do need to be better about posting things to social media and REALLY
need people on this team to be better about re-sharing them when we do.
I'd say we have 10-20 people active/semi-active in marketing
conversations and hundreds of people in Fedora who could help spread the
word regularly that just don't take the five minutes a day to do so.

--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst