Social Media Trends

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 14:00:47 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 08:51 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>> - Robyn's recent blog post went up yesterday: FB says 1,881 people saw
>> > the post. Shared? Once.
> I'm famous now! That was me!

It wasn't, actually. You may have re-shared it on FB, but not from the
FB page. (At least according to the tools.)

We obviously increase the reach of the FB page more if we share directly
from that page and we can accrue more followers on FB if they're aware
of the page.

<rant>Side note: *Please* for the love of all that's holy do NOT
*invite* all of your friends, family, and so forth to the page. Re-share
it on your wall, but don't "invite" people to the page. That's spammy,
and I make a habit of unfollowing people who do that.</rant>
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst