facebook group settings

Giannis Konstantinidis giankonstantinidis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 17:05:13 UTC 2014

I've been a member of that group for more than a year. A simple, yet
effective solution would be to have more admins on that page to approve
members and posts. I can help out with this.

I say we keep the membership policy the way it is, otherwise we are likely
to end up with a huge mess of spam/zombie accounts. And that's not
something we want I guess.

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> The Fedora - Linux Facebook group is set to require administrative approval
> for all new members. This results in a lot of busywork, because while there
> are a few clearly fake profiles and so on, it's a few dozen legit people
> every day.
>
> Would it be a horrible thing if we set this to an open membership policy?
> We
> could continue to require administrative approval for posts. Or was there a
> horrible spam problem?
>

> --
> Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
> ...                               "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"

Giannis Konstantinidis

giannis at konstantinidis.cc
http://konstantinidis.cc
giannisk on irc.freenode.net