Ideas for series of posts on Fedora Magazine!

Chris Roberts croberts at croberts.org
Thu May 1 23:45:14 UTC 2014

Hi Ryan,

I have been doing the top badge earners of the month/week. I know mine has been slacking but I am working to make sure that does not happen again. Those are good ideas +1. I remember along time ago when we were having meetings, finding a good informative post from Fedora Planet and asking the author if we can put that into the Fedora Magazine. I was also still thinking about the idea of once a week taking a top question on Ask Fedora and creating something around that.

Thanks,

Chris Roberts

>>> Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> 05/01/14 7:39 PM >>>
Recently, i have been trying to post a little more to Fedora Magazine,
and it has got me thinking. Are there any more "Post Series" that we can do
on a regular- or semi-regular basis? Matt has the awesome, on-going
5 Things in Fedora this Week series.

Here are a few i have come up with:

# $x of the best $application_type in Fedora
I have already posted an example of this to the Fedora magazine[1],
profiling some of the twitter clients that are available.
Other ideas for $application_type could be:
  * Music Library / Playing (GNOME Music, Banshee, Rhythmbox, etc)
  * Email Clients
  * Libre Graphics Tools (GIMP, Inkscape, etc)

# How do you Fedora?
A interview / profile of sorts of Fedora Users, highlighting who
they are, what they do, and how they use Fedora to do it.

# Recent Updates
When we release updates to Fedora (this happens roughly weekly)
have a blog post that picks a few end-user applications that
were updated, explain what they do, and what the update is for.
I kinda did this here[2] for the Firefox 29 update that went out.

Does anyone else have any other ideas for post series?

cheers,
ryanlerch

[1] - http://fedoramagazine.org/5-of-the-best-twitter-clients-in-fedora/
[2] - http://fedoramagazine.org/firefox-29-now-available-in-fedora/