Ideas for series of posts on Fedora Magazine!

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 2 14:54:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 10:38:43AM -0600, Chris Roberts wrote:
> Right now its set to need moderation for the first comment you post.
> once you have an approved comment you can post comments forever then.
> with askimet filtering the spam out.

There very well may be false positives -- people getting filtered out by
akismet. But as we saw from the other night when it was temporarily broken,
if we have that auto-discard turned off, the stream of spam would overwhelm
any possibility of discussion.

Chris -- is it possibleto add a message right above the comment form which
says something like:

"All comments are moderated. It may take some time for your first post to
get through the queue. If your posts seem to never show up, please [contact
us](link to contact details). Please follow the [Fedora Code of
Conduct](https://fedoraproject.org/code-of-conduct)."

?

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"