Screenshots for Fedora 21?

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 13:48:33 UTC 2014

On 11/04/2014 01:02 AM, Chris Roberts wrote:
> Remember this is a great way to contribute to the project! I hate to
> bring negative into the mix but remember to stay in the Marketing FAS
> group you do have to make a contribution during a release.

"Marketing is not a spectator sport."

I told Ruth I was going to propose that as a talk for Flock last year,
but didn't get the submission in on time. (Is that ironic, or just
Alanis-Ironic?) Definitely will as soon as the CfP for Flock 2015 is
open, though.

Seriously - if all the folks subscribed to marketing@ spent 30 minutes
to an hour a week doing *something* related to promoting Fedora, that
would be awesome.

The standard pattern in FOSS, unfortunately, is:

* 80% of the people do 20% of the work (or less)
* 20% of the people (or less) do 80% of the work

And that usually means the 20% who know how to do ALL THE THINGS wind up
burned out.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst