anyone got any articles in the wings?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:03:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 10:17:37AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 07:29:02AM -0500, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > My main question was more around opening the door to a Fedora
> > publication to opinion pieces, and what might that lead to down the road.
> >
> > * Do we accept any opinion pieces?
> >
> > * Is there a process to saying "uh, sorry - we don't think this meets
> > our standards?"
>
> I think this needs to be more of an editorial space than a
> letters-to-the-editor section. I think anything we run needs to:
>
> 1) Aim to advance our overall mission,
> 2) be in line with and promote the Fedora foundations, and
> 3) obviously, but let's say it: follow the Fedora code of conduct.
>
> I don't know if we need more process than just saying that and trusting our
> submitters and editors; I hope we don't.

I've no qualms about having this kind of opinion piece.  I did want to
say that I think Fedora Magazine on the whole should retain a
user-centric slant, and not get too focused on internal community
issues.

This doesn't mean I'm against running this article.  In the larger
view I would like to avoid having too many of such articles.  The
magazine could easily become less interesting over time to wider
audiences if that happened.