anyone got any articles in the wings?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 10 20:38:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 04:25:00PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I like this idea.  Let me see if I understand it: If you hit the site
> blindly (http://fm.o) you'd see the general user feed (e.g. "For
> Users").  There'd be some way to choose "For Contributors" and you
> could see that stuff too.  Is that accurate?

Yep. See right now where we have

   Fedora News | Fedora This Week | Events | Fedora Badges | Videos

?

We would instead have

  Fedora User Stuff | Fedora Contributor Stuff | Fedora This Week

Except those are placeholder titles for Friday afternoon. :)

I'd probably ask our devoted designers to make them a little more prominent
in the next theme refresh, too. And possibly a little permanent text block
at the top of Fedora Contributor Stuff explaining what the separate feed is
for.

Articles can be in multiple categories; the vague idea I have is that
FTW would be split into two posts for users and contributors, and then each
post in both that category _and_ the overall FTW.

I'm also thinking of asking the new Fedora Council members in Outreach and
Engineering to send me at least one Thing in their area every week. Or
possibly even _everyone_ on the council in their area. (I could also hand it
off entirely, but I've found that the diligence of doing it is a) good for
me and b) a kind of continual "project goings-on awareness engine" which I
want to keep up.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>