Fedora Council election-related interviews

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 09:48:32 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> > Traditionally, part of the Fedora election process has been a wiki page
> > where anyone edits in questions and candidates edit in answers. The last
> > few
> > elections, this hasn't worked very well. Jaroslav suggested
> > <https://fedorahosted.org/board/ticket/14> that we replace this with
> > interviews run in the magazine instead. Sounds great to me -- what do you
> > all think?
>
> I think it sounds like a good idea as well. What's the time frame we're
> looking at?

There's one catch - traditionally we had only one week for questionnaires in
the schedule and I'm not sure how manageable it is for interviews to get
answers on time and Fedora magazine to spam it with interviews in that really
short time (unless all interviews are in the same post and it would limit
visibility). I think the answer would be in pre-prepared questions - same for
all candidates, skipping submission of questions in advance and start interview
right after we have first candidate on the list even within nomination period
and ask  community to ask questions in magazine posts comments (and tell
candidates to answer there). Top questions could be then added as addendum to
the post. I really like to avoid prolonging schedule as it means - wait for
appointees, elections takes one month already...

On the other hand, I'd really like to avoid muting community. But history
shows, not many people asked questions (hidden somewhere on Wiki) and we
will have comments, we will have townhalls, interviews...

Any suggestions?

Jaroslav