Redoing the categories [was Re: anyone got any articles in the wings?]

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 03:42:59 UTC 2014

On 10/13/2014 04:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 04:38:25PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> I like this idea.  Let me see if I understand it: If you hit the site
>>> blindly (http://fm.o) you'd see the general user feed (e.g. "For
>>> Users").  There'd be some way to choose "For Contributors" and you
>>> could see that stuff too.  Is that accurate?
>> Yep. See right now where we have
>>     Fedora News | Fedora This Week | Events | Fedora Badges | Videos
>> We would instead have
>>    Fedora User Stuff | Fedora Contributor Stuff | Fedora This Week
>
> I think "For Users" and "For Contributors" are better than anything I could
> think of, and also just trying making "Fedora This Week" its own top-level
> and not putting it on the others, even though "For Users" is probably the
> best front page.
>
> Ryan, Chris, anyone -- what do you think?

Hmmm, not sure about these -- they are categories of audience, rather
than of content. Not sure we want to make the divide of intended
audience front and centre like that. Maybe we can have:

* Workstation
* Cloud
* Server
* Community
* This Week

I think those will cover most of the possible content we will generate.

also, are we intending for posts to be in just one of these categories?
or 1 to many of these categories?

--ryanlerch