Fedora 21 Deliverables

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 19:16:54 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I know we have touched on this briefly in other threads and IRC
meetings, but should we work on
making a solid plan for the marketing strategy for Fedora 21?

I am not a "marketing person" per-say and havent been involved in
helping to market previous
releases, so i am a little unsure how this plan should look. But in my
head, it should contain the
deliverables we want to produce (or get produced by other teams), and
how we distribute those,
and promote them also.

There are a few tickets open in the marketing queue that cover
deliverables, but is this all we are
going to create? I was also thinking a "press kit" might be a good idea
that we can deliver to tech
blogs and news outlets too.

Also, for the formal press release, are we planning on making it formal?
Or something more like
has been done in the past that is more light and joke filled [2]? Also
is the release announcement
and a press release the same thing? or do we want to create separate
deliverables for these?

[1] -
https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/query?status=new&status=reopened&status=assigned&milestone=Fedora+21&group=status
[2] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F17_release_announcement