Fedora-sponsored specials: All Things Open

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:22:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:36:39AM -0500, inode0 wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Rikki Endsley <rendsley at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Is it too late to distribute these at registration or other common areas at the event?
>>
>> I would seriously consider sending all or most of them to LISA. Once
>> F21 is released we can still distribute these but they won't have the
>> same appeal.
>
> John,
>
> What about sending a few hundred sent to SEAGL?  That seems like
> another good event with enough time still for these to arrive.  cc'ing
> lcafiero in case he's interested, since we have a few days still to
> get them to him if so.

I would be all for that too. I was just hoping to get most used in the
very near future and don't really think it would be bad to even give
everyone at LISA a copy. I'm not sure what the expected attendance is
there though. Probably couldn't distribute all of them there anyway if
there are thousands.

> I like your idea about LISA.  I recall mattdm saying the audience of
> attendees there (more professionals) tends to have a significant bump
> in CentOS/RHEL awareness and use.  Putting modern Fedora in their
> hands sounds like a very good idea.
>
> Do we need to file a FAMNA ticket or anything else to get this
> underway?  We don't want these magazines to age out while we muse
> about what to do with them.

They are in Red Hat storage somewhere so I don't think FAmNA needs to
be involved beyond possibly receiving some of them.

John